Saturday, April 23, 2016

605th Place - Curt Wilkerson

Card #53

Alright, time for an epic debate.

Do you think of Mr. Wilkerson as "Curt" or "Curtis"?  In my mind it's always Curtis, but Topps is throwing me for a loop here.

What do you think?

Curt/Curtis was a scrappy middle-infielder type, and a short one at that.  The back of his card lists him at 5'9".  That's one of the reasons I love baseball - all the different player shapes and sizes.  I associate him with the Rangers but he did get some playoff time with the Cubs in 1989 and the Pirates in 1991.

You have to appreciate the action shot captured here, as the bat has a certain bend to it compliments of the shutter speed.  I'm not sure, though, how Curt/Curtis feels about having a popup immortalized on cardboard like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment