Saturday, October 31, 2015

626th Place - Bill Wegman

Card #538

Trick or treat
Smell my feet
Wegman's not known
For his heat.

Happy Halloween Topps fans - I'm a little annoyed my viewing of game four of the World Series tonight is going to be constantly interrupted by candy-crazy kids.  I'm even more annoyed that I'm interested in watching, as the Mets and especially this Royals team are of no interest to me. But they're playing some pretty good ball against each other, and I'm getting sucked in by it.  I will be rooting, though, for the combined batting average of both teams in this game to be at .278, my pick for Nightowl's generous contest.

Do you think Wegman ever dressed up as Dirty Harry for Halloween?  Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks like Clint Eastwood just put on a Milwaukee jersey and asked hitters if they felt lucky.  Well, do ya, punks?

Wegman spent all eleven of his seasons as a Brewer, starting over 200 games for them in that span.  Minus a two year span in 1991-92, he was never particularly good, but he was durable and present, which are skills in and of themselves.  Here's a link where he shares his Christian testimony.  Maybe that's appropriate for a night like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment