Sunday, September 22, 2013

711th Place - Mike Trujillo

Card #307

Between third and fifth grade, I lived in the Tacoma-Seattle area.  I've got a soft spot in my heart for the Mariners, especially the awful 1980's era teams.  Their uniforms have been, and probably always will be, a mess.  I'm not into their current iteration of turquoise and navy blue.  I prefer the blue and yellow genre more, but even I can admit the "S" logo is the worst they've ever sported.  This has to be the least inspired hat in the history of MLB.

None of this, of course, is Mike Trujillo's fault.  What's Mike been up to these days?  How about State Farm Insurances salesman!  Like a good neighbor, Trujillo is there.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen or heard anyone refer to one if the Mariners' colors as "turquoise". It's teal or "Northwest green". The Mariners attempted a "traditional" look in 1987 and subseqently, their 1987-1992 look was boring and generic. Their rebrand in 1993 wasn't much better and their current look remains boring. However, their 1981-1986 uniforms especially from 1985 and 1986 were fun and should be brought back full-time! Yes, that means pullover jerseys and sansabelt knickers. It's time for a culture change in baseball. Button-front jerseys and belted baseball pants were and always have been nonsensical. Long live the trident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - I apologize, obviously colors aren't my strong point! I agree with you, though, bring back the trident!

    ReplyDelete