Monday, February 11, 2013

792nd Place - Checklist

Card #776

Was there anything worse as a kid than saving up a few quarters, buying a pack of cards, and pulling a checklist?

As a kid my parents would buy me the newest Topps Factory set every year for Christmas.  I remember with my first set I actually pulled a pen out and started marking the checklist cards, but getting bored with it and abandoning the effort soon after.

I suppose they did play a practical role for the folks who were looking to complete a set via wax packs, but still, they're maddening.  Hang tight, there are four more to come...

Notable names:  Jim Rice, George Brett, Whitey Herzog

4 comments:

  1. Ranking the cards is a cool concept. I'm interested in how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Semi-objective/subjective rankings!

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the blog. Send me an email at Johngy1 at aol.com if you get a chance. Question/offer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon and Night Owl - thanks for the Twitter love! I've finally got the "follow" button working too.

    ReplyDelete